Standard scientific beliefs are that when we move, say a finger through a small distance, it does so by moving through an infinite number of very small "infinitesimal" steps. This proof asks a very basic question: What is the electrical, chemical activity in the body that can account for, and control that infinite-step process?
Proving the impossibility of physical movement,
using the assumptions of modern science
This proof, based on the assumptions of modern science and medicine, reveals how we are unable to move our bodies even for the simplest of tasks, such as blinking an eye, or lifting a finger. In view of our easy ability to blink, or move a finger, we may confidently conclude that standard scientific theories -- reliant on the assumption of 'perfectly contiguous and continuous' movement -- are inappropriate and incorrect at the micro-scaled dimensions of space-time, but approximately correct in the macro-scaled events of everyday life.
As is more fully explained in this proof, modern deterministic science (including and especially medical and biological science) requires that
This expectation (of perfect biological determinism) is unable to accomodate the quantum facts: the majority of contemporary science is based on incorrect assumptions. A new scientific paradigm is required.
it is often suggested that what "carries" ions and quanta through the necessary sub-Planck incremental positions is 'momentum'. However, that response underscores the disconnect of cause with effect. If the effect ("infinitesimal" increments) is caused by momentum (a physically measurable aspect of our reality), what then interrupts, interjects, or in some way 'tracks' that momentum through infinite sub-Planck increments that (by necessity of the infinite-series assumptions) exist well beyond any physically observable qualities? How does the finite track, follow, correspond to, and control an infinite-series of sub-Planck movements?
- Extraordinary denials for extraordinary truths
- The Real Scandal of Quantum Mechanics (Prof. Richard Conn Henry, The Johns Hopkins University)
- The Mental Universe (Prof. Richard Conn Henry, The Johns Hopkins University)
- A Clearer Light (Prof. Richard Conn Henry)
- Congruent Solutions to Zeno's Paradoxes
- Zeno's Paradoxes: A Thought Experiment
- 2nd Proof of the Impossibility of Physical Movement
- 3rd Proof of the Impossibility of Physical Movement
- Jill Bolte-Taylor's TED Presentation
- 1. Either that or the experimental evidence and the theoretical limits of quantum mechanics, together with the Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and Bell's Theorem are all incorrect or can be invalidated.
- 2. In addition, and as stated Scientific Assumption 1 involves absolute determinism, in that for each point within the infinite sequence of points when traversing any arbitrary length, there exists an associated physicality (measurable, tangible, physical 'particles' or frames of particles). In effect, movement of one's finger requires that it is composed of not only quantum particles, such as quarks, but also 'sub-quantum' particles - 'super-quarks', and 'super-super-quarks' ... ad infinitum. Thus, string theories and other theories involving multi-dimensional solutions (that extend beyond our tangible 3-dimensional physicality) are disallowed by the strict deterministic requirements of Assumption 1, again confirming that physical movement, when based on these assumptions, is impossible.